You all know the saying: April showers bring...weekends and after-school with stuck inside! This week, we've come up with some fun and easy indoor activities to keep your little ones entertained without being glued to a screen.
1. Build a fort
A classic for a reason! Just throw a bunch of pillows on the floor and drag a blanket over the couch or bed to make a special cozy oasis. Flashlights or battery-powered lights optional.
2. Fruit Print Crafts
This craft is great for kids of all ages! Toddlers can discover tapping and pressing the fruits in various colors of paint, while older kids can create patterns and play with symmetry.
Photo and craft from Popsugar Moms
What you'll need:
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- Paper plates
- Red, yellow, green, and orange tempera paint
What to do:
- Slice the fruit in half revealing in the centers. Fun fact, if you cut an apple straight down the middle, it has a hidden star shape!
- Have your little one place two or three paper plates next to the sheet of white drawing paper. The plates will be his paint palettes!
- Squeeze about a teaspoon of each color paint, leaving enough room for the fruits.
- Your child can place the fruit halves next to the corresponding color, sharpening color recognition skills!
Make Prints by pressing sliced fruits into the paint, then onto the paper, then lifting to reveal fruit prints.
3. DIY Glowstick Balloons
This is a super fun and different craft for your kids to play with! This comes especially in handy when rainclouds are extra dark so there's limited natural light. Play glow in the dark balloon volleyball for a fun and interactive game!
Image and craft inspiration by Say Yes
What you'll need:
- White balloons
- Glow in the dark bracelets
- Note: Both of these are easily found at any party supply store!
Image by Say Yes
- Crack the glowsticks to get them to glow
- Simply stick two glowstick bracelets in each balloon and blow it up, then seal the balloon with a knot. Done!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published